Moving into the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Science and Technology Park allows companies to benefit from a working environment with unbeatable advantages.
Networking with the business in the incubator
When a business moves into our incubator it joins a community of companies which are at the forefront of technology and innovation.
Collaboration with the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
The Canary Island Science and Technology Park Foundation is, in addition, in charge of managing collaboration with the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria; it is the link between the company and the university.
The ULPGC has more than 100 research groups, 11 research institutes, 5 research centres, and more than 1,400 researchers working on a range of subject matter, from information and knowledge technology to blue biotechnology, via bio-health engineering and technology.
Contact with other entities
As a R&D&I managing body, our contact network is wire and is available to make the most of your experience.
Being located in the Canary Islands means your company can benefit from the following advantages:
- The Reserve for Investments in the Canary Islands (RIC). You may enjoy a reduction of up to 90% on non-distributed net profits for taxable income and a deduction to the comprehensive contribution to IRPF (Impuesto Sobre la Renta de Personas Físicas – Personal Income Tax) on net operations income destined for the RIC Reserve for Investments (direct estimation.)
- There are deductions for investments in Fixed Assets: these incentives allow a 25% tax deduction on the contribution, for investment in fixed assets. Greater tax deductions, corresponding to general Spanish taxation conditions corresponding to investments in activities such as R&D&I, vocational training, export, Information Technologies, export activities, environmental investments, activities of cultural interest investments and others.
- There is a 50% fiscal bonus on the profits obtained from the sale of tangible goods which have been produced in the Canaries.
- There is exemption from property transfer tax and stamp duty (ITP and AJD.)
- You will be able to register in the Canary Islands Special Zone (ZEC.) The ZEC is a zone paying lower Corporate Income Tax (4%) to provide incentives for the establishment of new companies, with the condition that there is minimum stipulated investment and creation of employment.
- The Canary Islands General Indirect Tax (IGIC is a similar tax to mainland Spanish VAT (IVA) but specific to the Canaries and with lower rates. The general rate is 6,5%.
Strategically geographic point
The Canaries, due to its geographic location, enjoyed a privileged position as a link between Europe, Africa and America, aside from having the best weather in the world, perfect to experiments with technology in the renewable energies.